|Posted:||12 days ago|
Next Wave Partners is looking for a Senior Commercial Manager for a leading company in the photovoltaic field.
Important: This role will ideally be based in Warsaw, but we welcome applications from candidates in other European countries (including the UK) if relevant to the role.
- You should have experience in the renewable energy sector, and in particular in energy procurement (PPAs, physical RTM, wholesale markets, etc.).
- Experience in delivering large-scale, long-term energy solutions.
- Confidence and experience in reporting complex proposals at senior level.
- We would like you to have a thorough knowledge of European energy markets.
- Detailed knowledge of PPAs and energy price risk management.
- You should be familiar with market influences and fundamentals.
- It is essential that you have experience in trading long-term PPAs in European markets (experience in more than one country, with a special focus on Poland).
- Experience using CRM and MS office systems
.- Soft skills
- Social skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Other European languages would be an asset (Polish, French, Dutch or German).
- You should have the ability to build relationships, negotiate and influence decisions.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Willing and able to travel across Europe when required
The objective of the role is the development and implementation of project acquisition strategy in development and optimize the monetisation of energy from assets.
In addition, you will be involved in the creation/sale and negotiation of PPAs and other long-term contracts, including complex and new structures and bidding strategy for government auctions.
complex and new structures and bidding strategy for government auctions.
You will have a diverse and multi-country approach with a focus on developing partnerships and relationships.
.- Main tasks
- Participate in the development and implementation of the procurement strategy to enable the development of solar projects in the Northern and Central European energy markets, always taking into account the different commercialisation routes available, such as CPPA, UPPA, auctions, baseload hedging, exchange trading and other structures taking into account portfolio level optimisation and adopting a hybrid approach where appropriate to maximize value creation in line with the divestment strategy and financing strategy.
- You will be responsible for all routes to market in certain identified markets, as well as managing relationships with stakeholders in Europe and corporate buyers in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Identify and develop business opportunities with major energy suppliers focusing on Poland, UK, Netherlands, Germany, France and other European countries to be agreed internally.
- Attract interest, identify and secure buyers for corporate PPAs, including identifying and responding to renewable energy tenders.
- Work with suppliers and other players in the market to develop innovative routes to market and long-term purchase contracts to secure bankable revenues to support solar energy development.
- Develop bidding strategies for government auctions.
- Work with legal, structured finance and other parties to negotiate terms and conditions and purchase contracts.
- Collaborate with Structured Finance and Development to create energy trading solutions that optimize financing opportunities and enable project development.
development of projects.
- Be able to understand the evolution of European markets and energy policy and the impact they will have on energy trading to keep the company at the forefront of the market.
at the forefront of the market.
-Work with the team to understand revenue opportunities and secure agreements to support the development of co-location storage, including interaction with PPAs or other routes to market.
- May include management of the PPA partner.
Competitive salary package.
Additional benefits including target bonus, health insurance, flexible remuneration and attractive holiday policy.
To be part of a world leading company in the development and management of photovoltaic solar energy projects.
A company with a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and a career plan to bring out the best in everyone.
You will work in a multinational team and manage projects in various parts of the world.
A company with an inclusive philosophy, where each person is valued and treated with respect.