NextWave's client is seeking a SCADA Commissioning Manager whose Primary role will require managing all aspects related to the Windfarm SCADA, Communications and IT Systems as well as the SCADA commissioning engineers within his team.
The position requires frequent travel and temporal accommodation in the site offices to act as a SCADA Commissioning Representative, ensuring all SCADA commissioning processes as stablished are followed and implemented.
Mandatory to work following HV Electrical and Mechanical Safety Rules procedures in respect to all electrical activities associated with the project.
- Manage the SCADA Commissioning for the whole project and the individual packages during all the stages until O&M Handover
- Overall Integration of the Contractor SCADA systems with the Company SCADA system CORE and System Operator
- Development and management of the SCADA Commissioning Manual
- Ensure coordination between the Company, Contractors and System Operator with respect to SCADA system focusing on the interoperability issues that could affect electrical production optimisation and project schedule
- Management of SCADA Resources within the SCADA Team
- Elaborate and review SCADA commissioning procedures of the test to be performed as part of
- the company responsibilities
- Plan and chair site SCADA meetings according to the project needs
- Coordination of the different contractor commissioning resources for all test that require interfacing several contractors, the company and grid operator
- Onshore Substation and Offshore SCADA Systems Integration Tests and Coordination
- Offshore Substation and WTGs SCADA systems Integration Tests and Coordination
- Windfarm Management System Compliance
- Familiarise himself with the SCADA architecture, including fiber optic overall patch plan, and design during the pre-construction stage and anticipate possible interoperability issues during the construction and commissioning stages
- Ensure that Fiber Optic installation and testing are completed according to the Overall Fiber Optic Patch Plan.
- Oversee all SCADA Commissioning activities of the different packages in terms of quality, technical review, contractual and schedule compliance, including the interfaces among each of the packages
- Provide a weekly report to the SCADA Package and Lead Commissioning Manager that cover all SCADA activities
- Master of Engineering (MEng) or equivalent. Preferable in Electronic or Telecoms Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience within offshore renewable sector, electric generation sectornand within transmission and distribution industry.
- Experienced working with substation automation products SCADA solutions from all major suppliers – ABB, Siemens, Alstom, GE, Toshiba & Schneider
- Working knowledge of IEC 61850 based Engineering solutions
- Working knowledge with relevant communication protocols solutions: IEC 60870 -5- 101/102/103/104, Modbus and DPN3
- Strong ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Flexible to travel regularly to attend meetings and work at different project sites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing in working environment and demonstrate a positive approach to change.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
Special Requirements (not mandatory)
- Experience of engineering design
- Experience on large scale offshore windfarm projects
- Senior Authorised Person or Similar Authorisation
- Other Foreign languages (Spanish, Danish)
- American/Canadian Nationality
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Silas Mahner at email@example.com or +1 (929) 295-6707 (Direct Line)