NextWave’s client provides flexible, creative solutions for the development, financing, construction, and operation of commercial & industrial distributed generation and utility-scale solar power generation sites as well as wind power projects in North America.
The Renewable Energy Investment platform is seeking one or more talented individuals to join their EPC team. The positions are for their New York City office; candidates outside of the New York City area may also be considered.
The Project Engineer position at the company serves the mission-critical and dynamic role of advancing projects to commercial operation. This position will require to work with Engineering, Operations, Construction, and Business Development team members to develop first-class renewable power generating assets. The role requires to do the due diligence of project acquisitions, including new RFP submissions, reviewing pre-developer project portfolios scanning for technical feasibility, fatal flaw risks, construct-ability etc.
- Using AUTOCAD (Computer-aided design) software to design photovoltaic array layouts to construct able site plans and single-line drawings.
- Identifying the constraints of a site to minimize project risks and opportunity cost;
- Accurately modeling PV system energy estimates using PVSYST software;
- Doing value engineering and design optimization for acquired PV projects for selecting equipment and design applications; Using design tools like AURORA, Helioscope for Level 1 estimation;
- Completing occasional job site visits as required to evaluate site conditions, electrical tie-ins and overall feasibility of project that can impact system design and constructability.
- Collaborating with the business development team to ensure that the design achieves the goals and timelines of the project;
- Assisting in creating of Interconnection applications for projects under development and working with the different utility to satisfy the requirements;
- Working closely with outside engineering firms for deliverables and reviewing permit plan set including voltage drop calculations, conduit schedules, construction standards and strong knowledge of applicable NEC codes;
- Working with the procurement team for selection and analysis of different equipment suppliers and technology;
- Working with other EPC team members to provide inputs on Scopes of Work and Bill of Materials;
- Research current and new design standards, codes and methods of construction;
- Working with Independent Engineers for project-specific reviews;
- 2-5 years of experience in renewable energy project Engineering and Design; exceptional and highly motivated candidates with 1-year direct experience but experience in construction, renewable energy, electrical engineering, etc. may be considered
- A professional and thorough approach to project engineering, with a deep understanding of technical and construction fields;
- Demonstrable experience in progressing renewable energy projects from conception to completion
- B.S. in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical or Renewable Energy Systems)
- Self-starter with strong organizational, written and communication skills; ability to manage multiple projects and workstreams
- Team-player mentality; ability to work with different teams in the organization to ensure sound management of project development opportunities from inception to completion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Working knowledge of relevant software
- Physical Requirements for Position: Walking, Sitting, Standing, Hearing, Effective Verbal Communication, Vision, Inside environmental conditions, sedentary work
- Ability to travel to sites and meetings, as needed.
- Professional Engineering License or FE preferred;
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Fletcher Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6340 1934
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1877723