A reputable renewable energy organisation is looking to hire an experienced Legal Counsel to support the development team with the assessment, acquisition and development of renewable energy projects in Japan.
Role & Responsibilities
- Drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements, share sale agreements, subscription agreements and related development acquisition documentation.
- Leading the due diligence reviews for potential projects (including corporate screenings, land agreements, permits, regulatory requirements and grid connection agreements).
- Advising on the structure of project teams
- Taking the lead on any legal related disputes or queries from external parties
- Ensuring acquisition structures are consistent with internal governance policies
- Managing of external service providers to ensure correct advice within expected cost and time constraints
- Carrying out any due diligence on tax and regulatory requirements
- Supporting the operations development activities on acquired projects.
- Advising on and coordinating internal approvals
- Law Degree from a recognised University
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the Japanese energy sector
- Previous experience working on the financing or M&A phase of energy projects in Japan
- Previous experience working in Renewable Energy is highly desired
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Mike Feely on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1940
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1767587