NextWave Partners is working with a leading utility company to identify a Legal Counsel to work with the Project Development team and Regional Legal Counsel to support project development for thermal and renewable energy projects in Asia Pacific, including:
- Lead due diligence reviews (including corporate screenings, land agreements, permits, regulatory requirements, PPA agreements and grid connection agreements).
- Advise on project holding structures.
- Performing due diligence on the commercial / legal terms of construction and JV contracts, maintenance service contracts
- Drafting and negotiating EPC contracts, operation and/or maintenance service contracts, joint development agreements and shareholder agreements;
- Draft project tender documents, and evaluating submissions to tenders for key commercial / legal terms;
- Support drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements, share sale agreements, subscription agreements and related development acquisition documentation.
- Ensure acquisition structures and contractual positions are consistent with internal governance policies and negotiate deviations with internal stakeholders.
- Law degree from a recognized university.
- Admitted to a recognized bar.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Asia power sector in one or more of project construction or finance gained at a top tier law firm or in-house with a major corporate.
- Critical Personality Attributes
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the Vestas organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues and the ability to work across cultures and geographies.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Christopher Stephens at
Direct: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713