NextWave Partners is working with a well-respected developer, owner, and operator of utility scale solar plants. As they expand, they are seeking an experienced Interconnection Manager to provide support for a growing organization in a fast-paced environment. This position provides a perfect opportunity for a professional looking for interesting work within a growing cohesive team, the ability to expand their experience and contribute to the corporation's success.
Under general supervision from the VP Project Development, the Interconnection Manager is responsible for the interconnection and transmission analysis, studies, applications, design, specification, scheduling, testing, and assists in the commissioning of the point of interconnection. The Interconnection Manager is the primary Company contact during the proposal, execution, construction phase of interconnection facilities, and on to successful project interconnection to the grid.
- Manage and track the company’s entire project portfolio’s interconnection related studies, applications, follow ups, checklists, tests, etc. with utilities, TSPs, DSPs, QSEs, and RTO/ISO’s during the multi phases of project life to complete the process based on the specific requirement of that entity.
- Conduct power flow modeling, interconnection analysis, and utility coordination to evaluate available transmission capacities for existing substations and/or transmission lines, and identify potential and preferred locations for future projects development,
- Conduct transmission analysis for the grid to know the locations of transmission constraints and evaluate the curtailment and congestion risks for the interconnection points
- Review, manage, and negotiate the interconnection agreements and associated technical exhibits
- Perform preliminary design and develop single line diagrams for interconnections as necessary and required by utilities for application purposes
- Develop interconnection schedules and milestones to synchronize with the master project schedule and EPC schedule
- Monitor engineering, procurement, and construction of interconnection facilities that are performed by contractors or utilities, and lead the interconnection related calls
- Coordinate activities between contractors, utilities, TSPs, QSEs, DSPs, and Regional Transmission Organization (RTO)/ Independent System Operator (ISO) during the plant construction and interconnection
- Assist in the registration of generators with utilities, RTO/ISO’s and other regulatory agencies as necessary
- Support in performing NERC/FERC or regional compliance work
- 2 years (min) of PSS/E, PSCAD, and/or other power flow software knowledge and practice is required.
- 2 Years of grid curtailment and congestion software knowledge and practice is required.
- GIS knowledge is preferred.
- High Voltage equipment and substation knowledge (design and spec) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with concentration in power systems or equivalent experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience in managing interconnection process for solar, wind, or other generation resources.
- A self-starter that can work independently on projects and key deliverables.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills is a must
- Written and verbal skills are vital in dealing with individuals as well as groups
- Negotiation experience is a must
- Must be able to manage various tasks simultaneously in order to accomplish desired objectives.
- Must be familiar with ISOs/RTOs, utilities, TSPs, DSPs, QSEs structure, process, and timelines for the US market.
- Knowledge in Battery Energy Storage Systems (ESS) is preferred.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Silas Mähner at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (929) 295-6707 (Direct Line)