A special purpose vehicle, set up by an American mega-fund, are looking for a Head of Development to lead their entry into Australia. With investments and business units already set up around Asia & Europe, the SPV are now looking to build a portfolio in Australia of around 200mw.
The Project Developer will be responsible for managing the development of projects across Australia, this will include; site identification, feasibility studies, negotiation with land &/or site owners, design, stakeholder management and then bringing a project through to financial close and handover to the company’s in-house construction team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking full responsibility for the Australian business
- Identifying sites
- Conducting feasibly studies
- Work alongside origination and trading teams to ensure off-take agreements and PPA’s are put into place
- Working with engineering teams
- Navigating sites through planning process
- Working with investment teams to ensure project reaches successful financial close
- Ability to document all stages of the project thoroughly, to ensure the smoothest possible handover to construction
- In depth knowledge of Renewable Development, 10 years +
- Wind development experience in Australia
- Demonstrable track record of brining projects through to financial close
- Strong professional network
- Be able to converse with a very wide range of stakeholders including; investors, developers, IPP’s, land owners & government officials
- Ability to start developing wind projects within a short time frame
The company are looking for a committed and motivated candidate who wants to grow with a business. In exchange for this commitment, our client are offering an extensive remuneration package, alongside international career progression opportunities.
If you are interested in the role and your background matches, or is very similar to the above, please get in touch with Oliver Powell at NextWave Partners to find out more, available via phone +65 6340 19 18 or email email@example.com