Head of Construction Photovoltaic
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
From Next Wave Partners we are looking for a Head of Construction for one of the leading and fast growing companies in the photovoltaic field.
Civil engineering or Construction related education, ideally in an engineering related discipline.
Ideally you have more than 8 years of experience in a similar role in the renewables or related sectors.
Previous experience of managing a team of people.
Previous experience in the Renewable Energy sector & project management.
Experience of managing construction of large-scale PV Solar projects bigger than 50MW
Experience working for projects built by EPC Contractors who have built PV Solar projects across the globe will be very positive.
Successful track record in managing project on high HSE and Quality standards
Successful track record in project delivery and managing various stakeholders.
Strong contract management skills.
Strong relationship with EPC's and ICP's.
Knowledge of fundamental project management systems and procedures in the construction industry
Good English is a must.
You will be the maximum responsible of the construction phase in the country and you will be in close contact with the EPC subcontractors. This is a strategic role that will ensure the correct performance of the constructions.
Construction Phase (starting at Financial Close and until commercial operation date)
- As the person accountable for the project during the construction phase, ensure all projects are built safely and in accordance and the local/country HSE requirements.
- As the person accountable for the project during the construction phase, ensure projects are all delivered on-time, on budget and on-quality (especially but not limited to the right level of Performance Ratio.
- Be the technical responsible towards the national auditing bodies and other stakeholders during construction and energization phase.
- Manage all construction aspects of solar PV projects from financial close through to commissioning and completion.
- Work with the EPC team at global level to improve procedures and specifications.
- Setting up and delivery of good practice PM systems and controls.
- Ensure all projects comply with the requirements of the applicable permits and contracts.
- Ensure the detailed design of the PV plant, together with the internal and external engineering, is adherent to the state-of-the-art engineering practices including the specific country particularities.
- Lead the claim management strategy during construction, in close coordination with the legal and the EPC team.
- Lead the finance-accounting-tax controls during construction, in close coordination with the finance team.
- Lead the management of the project finance contracts after financial close, ensuring all the needed documents for on-time debt drawdowns and no contractual breach, and coordinate with the LTA.
- Lead the regulatory processes during construction, in close coordination with regulatory and grid connection teams, to ensure smooth relation with the DNO/Utility, TSO and other public bodies.
- Lead the stakeholder's management and environmental programs, in close coordination with the environmental team.
Pre-Construction Phase (before Financial close - where the person Accountable is the Head of Development)
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with the local team and at global level to support business development.
- Be the main support to the Head of Development for the definition of optimal EPC/ICP contracts satisfactory to the lenders and to the shareholder.
- Support Commercial Engineering team to define scope and select Technical Advisors (Owner's Engineer and Lender's Technical Advisor).
Post-Construction Phase (after Commercial Operation Date, where the person accountable is the Head of Asset Management)
- Managing project handover from construction to operations and Asset Management ensuring early involvement.
- Be the main support to the Head of Asset Management for the monitoring of the EPC/ICP contractor duties and responsibilities until the EPC/ICP final acceptance certificate.
Competitive salary package and other benefits.
Teleworking / Hybrid working mode
Additional benefits including target bonus, medical insurance, flexible remuneration and attractive holiday policy.
To be part of a world leading company in the solar photovoltaic industry.
A company with a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and a career plan to bring out the best in everyone.
You will work in a multinational team and manage projects in various parts of the world.
A company with an inclusive philosophy, where each person is valued and treated with respect.
Job has Expired