|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, & Climate-Tech sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
Client is a Global Renewable Energy Developer and has developed renewable energy projects across Asia Pacific, Europe, and now in the U.S. Globally, they have 10+ GWs generation and 5GWh storage under development and their U.S. pipeline is 3+GWs generation and 4GWh storage.
This role for Director of Transmission and Interconnection is a critical hire for a strategic leader who will be evaluating grid interconnection possibilities for renewable energy projects, through Greenfield and Acquisitions. The role will drive the development of Solar, hybrid Solar and Storage, and Standalone BESS opportunities in IOU and ISO markets- CAISO, PJM, SPP, MISO, ERCOT, NYISO.
- Director of Transmission and Interconnection will support greenfield development, review transmission system analysis, lead the identification of interconnection agencies and procedures, and help lead preparation and filing interconnection requests.
- Director of Transmission and Interconnection will support and lead project due diligence efforts, identify existing and potential red flags for project acquisitions and existing pipeline projects.
- Director of Transmission and Interconnection will communicate the project's interconnection requirements, risks and opportunities to Project Development lead and support pipeline and risk reviews to assess project viability.
- Director of Transmission and Interconnection will manage interconnection queue positions for renewable energy projects and lead technical discussions with utilities/ISOs for interconnection studies and negotiate interconnection agreements.
- Director of Transmission and Interconnection will have 7-10 years of engineering experience with the last 5+ years in utility-scale electrical power systems.
- Director of Transmission and Interconnection must have a BS Electrical Engineering and Master's Degree in Power Systems.
- Director of Transmission and Interconnection must have experience with ISO markets- CAISO, PJM, ERCOT, MISO, SPP and familiarity with ISO and Transmission Owner structure. Ability to analyze power flows, and knowledgeable in power systems engineering in distribution, transmission, substations and generation.
- Director of Transmission and Interconnection must be in a strategic and commercial role for the last2-3 years adding value through their technical expertise on new opportunities and accelerting the growth of the business.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Job has Expired