NextWave Partners is working with a leading construction company to identify someone as a Construction Manager/Project Manager on a brownfield refinery upgrade project in SE Asia.
The candidate shall be responsible for in identifying, allocating and providing appropriate construction methods to ensure quality work which is within schedule and budget.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Apply phased project execution approach in the refining, petrochemical, associated energy industries or heavy industrial projects.
- Manage a matrix organization of professional engineers and designers, project controls specialists, and procurement professionals, as well as client and vendor interface.
- Manage completion of projects within budget and with high quality.
- Apply change management, cost forecasting, risk management, margin analysis and resource loaded critical path method scheduling.
- Plans, reviews and administers construction activities in the site to optimize resources and minimize cost.
- Ensures construction/erection deliverables are met based on approved project schedule and budget.
- Coordinates with other sections in Operations to make sure problems encountered are solved in time.
- Assists in the review of construction/erection procedures and work instructions to improve operating quality and efficiency of processes in accordance to quality management system requirements.
- Reports regularly to the Construction Manager the progress performance in the assigned area/site.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experiences
- Must have refinery/petrochemical experience with tie-in knowledge
- 15 plus years of experience in project management in the refining, petrochemical or associated energy industries or with heavy industrial projects
- Hands-on knowledge of EPC phase or gated project execution
- Extensive experience managing a matrix organization of professional engineers and designers, project controls specialists, and procurement professionals, as well as client and vendor interface
- A track record of completing projects within budget and schedule, safely and with high quality
- Working knowledge of change management, cost forecasting, risk management, margin analysis and resource loaded critical path method scheduling
- BS Degree in Engineering
If interested in discussing this or other related roles within the LNG or energy sector, please contact Christopher Stephens
Direct: +65 63401947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713