One of our clients in Tokyo is looking for a senior project manager due to the expansion of their business. The company is non-Japanese company and an independent power producer of PV.
Successfully developed and also merge those assets in the market. The budget for this role is up to 11M Japanese yen per annual including bonus.
Please take note that this role requires Japanese at native fluency level.
- Manage or support the permitting and approval process for assigned projects
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders (includes landowners, associations, government officers, EPC contractors, O&M service providers and others)
- Support negotiation of EPC, O&M and related contracts and monitor contractual obligations
- Facilitate review and approval of engineering deliverables
- Supervise and report on construction status and witness testing and commissioning protocols
- Approve contractor requests for payments, schedule updates, and contract changes
- Review and approve contractor documentation for the completed plants
- Monitor, analyze, and report regularly on plant performance and incidents during operation
- Identify and analyze plant issues and improvement opportunities, develop and drive actions
- Manage O&M service providers and enforce warranties and penalties
- Ensure insurance policies are implemented and maintained and claims are properly managed
- Ensure timely reporting per requirements, including from government, utilities, and lenders
- Conduct monthly visits to plants and complete site visit reports
- Manage timely completion of assigned tasks and follow company document control procedures
- Ensure cross-functional teams are informed in a timely manner of all project information necessary for them to effectively perform their duties
- Retain all project-related documentation in an organized manner per company procedures
- Additional or modified responsibilities may be assigned based on need.
- Degree in engineering, project management, construction management, or equivalent
- Multiple years of professional experience in project and asset management
- Native Japanese with ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- Able to manage, control and deliver against multiple projects and work requests and changing deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Successful track record of negotiating with external parties
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proactive relationship builder with an open and honest communication style
- Successful track record of working in multi-national teams
- Solid ability to create and deliver presentations
- Willingness to travel
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Sayo Kiyama at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1941
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1653437