My client is a large international solar IPP seeking an experienced Business Development Manager in the Netherlands to originate and secure an ambitious pipeline of PV projects in the country.
- To develop new business opportunities and see that these opportunities are pursued to their maximum potential.
- Developing a viable solar (and storage in certain jurisdictions) offering.
- Develop strong working relationships with the project funders and its Investment Managers
- To develop strong external relationships with key stakeholders throughout the market.
- To oversee PR, lobbying and marketing activities
- Manage the Legal and Technical Due Diligence process with the support of the legal and technical teams
- Negotiate the relevant project contracts: NDA, Exclusivity, Lease, PPA, SPA and EPC
- Generating and understanding company strategies and developing best business practices accordingly.
- Prepare financial model to assess the returns of the project
- To develop strong working relationships with the project funders
- Reporting concisely and clearly to Senior Management
- Technical understanding of solar and the energy markets.
- Understanding of renewables industry, energy and environmental issues in the relevant jurisdiction
- Understanding of financial modelling
- Ability to manage the entire project development process with various stakeholders and suppliers (originate, negotiate land right agreements, commercial DD, technical DD, off-taker agreements, etc).
- Strong understanding of commercial activities including funding arrangements and legal requirements.
- Varied experience in private and public sector, showing adaptability and ability to learn quickly.
- Understanding of lobbying, PR and marketing
Proven track record of:
- First-hand experience of business development and growing a team
- Influencing and shaping policy
- Delivering growth in a new market.
- Negotiation skills and communication skills.
- Financial structuring is desired.
General Skills / Attributes:
- Ability to develop and update professional knowledge and skills quickly and efficiently. Ability to apply professional knowledge and skills in the advancement of business objectives.
- Proven proactive approach to business development.
- Quickly and successfully implements changes and improvements in operational activities and services. Effectively carries out tasks that are required by the Development team in addition to carrying out own role.
- Adapts to changes in company strategy whilst developing own strategy to achieve a personal goal of competently developing projects.
- Assesses own development needs and develops self to improve job performance and fulfill future potential. Contributes to the team ethos of Company.
- The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through persuasive communication, negotiating skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Louison Cassarino at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6340 1933
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1875244