“Experienced project development and finance professional that manages the development of IPP projects”
As a Senior Manager, Project Development working within the global Energy Business and the Africa Project Development department, you will find yourself in the heart of the exciting international world of IPP (Independent Power Producer) project development.
You are responsible for developing designated IPP projects from origination to financial closing in Africa. You screen projects and make IPP proposals in cooperation with the sales teams, develop relationships with market participants (i.e. developers, investors, fuel suppliers, utilities, etc.), and manage the full scope of project development activities to ensure that projects undertaken are sustainable and financeable in a timely manner.
The main focus of this position is Southern and Eastern Africa, and the preferred location is South Africa or Kenya. You report to the Director, Project Development Africa. You are open to travel extensively in the region for 25 to 50% of your time.
You will be working with an experienced team of developers, analysts, legal and financial professionals as well as our sales team. They provide a range of opportunities for personal development of our employees within an international working environment. As a company, they are aiming for high growth as a world-leading energy integrator, including engine, energy storage, and hybrids. The project development team is at the heart of executing this strategy.
- Manage IPP development projects as lead developer, being responsible for the coordination of all development and financing aspects, including operating budgets, time schedules, due diligence, project structuring, partner identification, bidding, contract negotiations, and debt financing.
- Work with internal and external teams of cross-functional experts (technical, financial, legal, operation & maintenance, etc.) in order to maximize the competitiveness of their solutions.
- Draft and negotiate agreements such as co-development agreements, power purchase, site lease, fuel supply, implementation agreements, shareholder agreements and other related agreements.
- Prepare information memorandum, manage equity marketing and successful sale of equity
- Act as asset manager for dedicated projects including participation in the board of project companies.
- You are passionate about the energy sector and working in developing countries, with minimum 10 years working experience.
- You hold a Master’s degree and have a deep understanding of project finance principles.
- You have a track-record of managing projects from origination up to financial close, including experience in reviewing and negotiating bankable project and financing agreements for infrastructure projects.
- You have developed extensive relationships with financial institutions and consultants and have a thorough understanding of the power sector stakeholders in Southern and Eastern African countries.
- You enjoy working in teams of diverse people and cultures and you are efficient at dealing with complexity.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and Portuguese is considered an advantage.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Adit Mehta at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1944
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1653437