Our client is a fund manager seeking a Senior Investment Manager to be part of the Transaction team and be co-responsible for growing across the region by sourcing, developing, negotiating and closing
renewable energy opportunities. The role will be based in Nairobi, from where they will operate across Africa. Reporting directly to the Director of Africa, the Senior Investment
Manager will play an important role in the origination, execution, and management of CIO projects.
- Business development with the objective to build a strong pipeline of potential investment opportunities
- Financial analysis, development of financing structures
- Risk identification and analysis
- Presentation of investment proposals to the Investment Committee
- Coordinate transaction process through origination, due diligence, documentation and negotiation and closing
- Take board seats in portfolio companies
- Coach Investment Managers through the investment process
- Actively work with portfolio companies’ post-investment
- Ensure that best financial and non-financial practices are implemented
- Honours Financial degree or equivalent
- 8 – 12 years’ experience within Private Equity or Investment Banking (M&A, corporate finance or project finance), possibly with previous experience in a Big Four Accountancy firm or the Renewable Energy sector
- Strong financial modeling skills and attention to detail
- Financial acumen – the capacity to demonstrate knowledge of and insight into financial principles and processes and identify inconsistencies in data
- Ability to apply sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic and creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively: strong project/process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technically proficient (Advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint essential.
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of the fund manager
- Invests high levels of energy in work
- Flexible and dynamic – self-motivated, results-driven, ability to deal with change
- Highly organised and structured, logical and lateral thinker.
- Team player, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and add value.
- Excellent intellectual and conceptual abilities
- Excellence orientation (concern for high-quality work) – Follow-through the motivation to ensure the highest standards of quality and productivity are consistently maintained
- Fluency in English written and verbal is essential, French is a plus.
- Willingness to travel
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Adit Mehta at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1944
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1653437