|Posted:||12 days ago|
Next Wave Partners is looking for a Senior Grid Connection Manager for a leading company in the photovoltaic field.
- Proven track record & experienced in a similar role for a minimum of 5 years.
- Full conversant with the end-to-end DNO/ICP process for generator connections.
- Candidates with experience of working directly for TSO/DNOs/ICPs and/or other Independent Power Producer (IPPS) will be preferred.
- Candidates with experience in the role of Project engineer will be preferred.
- Candidates with experience in the design and construction of HV stations will be preferred.
- Candidates with experience in the design and construction of underground and overhead MV and HV power lines will be preferred.
- Candidates with experience in the design and construction of PV solar plant will be preferred.
- Commercially astute
- Good network of contacts across the DNO and ICP environment.
- Established relationships with DNOs.
- Why you'll make a great member of the team
- Preferably a degree level qualification associated with electrical power systems and/or electrical engineering.
- Candidates with additional qualification in renewable energy (especially PV) would be preferred.
.- Soft Skills
- Effective communicator
- Strong computing skills
- A good team player
- Proactive and positive work attitude
- Keen and dynamic approach to innovation
- Able to coordinate with multiple internal and external teams
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
This role involves a team player aptitude to ensure that grid connections required by the company's projects are applied/progressed/delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner, in accordance with the technical specs of the TSO/DNO/DSOs and the Applicable Law.
The position requires both technical and commercial knowledge, as well as strategic planning, grid share agreements and compliance skills to ensure that grid code compliance is appropriately managed and maintained throughout the development through to the construction process and the whole lifetime of a plant.
.- Main tasks
- Participate in the development and implementation of the procurement strategy to enable the development of solar projects in the Northern and Central European energy markets, always taking into account the different commercialisation routes available, such as CPPA, UPPA, auctions, baseload hedging, exchange trading and other structures taking into account portfolio level optimisation and adopting a hybrid approach where appropriate to maximize value creation in line with the divestment strategy and financing strategy.
- You will be responsible for all routes to market in certain identified markets, as well as managing relationships with stakeholders in Europe and corporate buyers in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Identify and develop business opportunities with major energy suppliers focusing on Poland, UK, Netherlands, Germany, France and other European countries to be agreed internally.
- Attract interest, identify and secure buyers for corporate PPAs, including identifying and responding to renewable energy tenders.
- Work with suppliers and other players in the market to develop innovative routes to market and long-term purchase contracts to secure bankable revenues to support solar energy development.
- Develop bidding strategies for government auctions.
- Work with legal, structured finance and other parties to negotiate terms and conditions and purchase contracts.
- Collaborate with Structured Finance and Development to create energy trading solutions that optimize financing opportunities and enable project development.
- Be able to understand the evolution of European markets and energy policy and the impact they will have on energy trading to keep the company at the forefront of the market.
-Work with the team to understand revenue opportunities and secure agreements to support the development of co-location storage, including interaction with PPAs or other routes to market.
- May include management of the PPA partner.
Competitive salary package.
Additional benefits including target bonus, health insurance, flexible remuneration and attractive holiday policy.
To be part of a world leading company in the development and management of photovoltaic solar energy projects.
A company with a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and a career plan to bring out the best in everyone.
You will work in a multinational team and manage projects in various parts of the world.
A company with an inclusive philosophy, where each person is valued and treated with respect.