|Posted:||8 days ago|
Senior Corporate Counsel (Renewable Energy Development)
Location: Melbourne, VIC
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
We are working with a leading renewables developer expanding rapidly across the APAC region. They have a strong global presence, leveraging their technology solutions to deliver commercially successful clean energy solutions. Their APAC development business is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to oversee the end-to-end development requirements for Australia and o. The position will be based in Melbourne and will report to the Head of Legal APAC.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial documents required for project development and delivery
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement - including international and domestic stakeholders, financiers and government bodies.
- Supporting the commercial and development teams to deliver business critical objectives and company strategy.
- Assisting in the preparation of risk and compliance documents as required
- Management of external counsel, across a range of practice areas
Min 7+ years' experience in the Renewable Energy Sector (Ideal, but will consider other similar industries)
Strong understanding and appreciation for the overarching commercial requirements, with the ability to balance competing priorities
Driven professional who thrives on solving complex commercial problems
Solutions focused lawyer, adept at identifying immediate and future risk
Passion for delivering renewable energy projects
- Solid commercial foundation, in either in house or private practice
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)