One of our clients, non-Japanese Renewable Energy IPP, is looking for someone who is capable of senior management for asset management team in Tokyo, Japan.
Senior Manager will be responsible for supervising, directing and executing project financings for PD/EPC developed projects and leading financial support for and management of THE COMPANY’S pipeline in Japan.
This candidate must have a strong understanding of the financial markets, the solar photovoltaic industry, the Japan power industry, the project finance market and capability to utilize that understanding to develop and execute a financing and asset ownership/sale plan. Also will provide oversight for asset management and evaluation from an ownership perspective of all of THE COMPANY’S developed pipeline in Japan during crucial construction, commissioning and commercial operations. Also responsible for supporting new
development efforts in Japan, including utility-scale, off-grid, and C&I opportunities with financial analysis and support for due diligence and commercial negotiations.
The Senior Manager shall work closely with the Japan business and project development teams to identify, structure and pursue new pipeline opportunities, and will be closely involved in all aspects of the sale process from origination and negotiation, through to execution, asset sales, and asset management to the extent required.
The Senior Manager shall manage and own all aspects of assigned transactions including structure, schedule, diligence and resource allocation. This will include managing THE COMPANY’S personnel, 3rd party financial firms, outside legal resources and consultants; interface with appropriate EPC and THE COMPANY’S personnel and systems; conduct or coordinate risk/feasibility analysis and internal approval processes; and implement a financial solution to achieve THE COMPANY’S objectives.
Senior Manager shall also assist the project finance group and Japan business and project development group to develop cost of capital models, budgets, accounting systems & convention and tax-efficient financing structures. The Senior Manager will have day-to-day relationship responsibility with developers, clients and THE COMPANY’S lenders and may be assigned portfolio management responsibility.
- Experience in leading commercial negotiations of financing documentation, PSAs, Engineering Procurement and Construction Contracts and Operation & Maintenance agreements is required
- Experience in the administration and management of power projects from an ownership perspective is required
- 7+ years of experience in a related position
- Demonstrated superior commercial and credit judgment
- Demonstrated ability to set team objectives and manage resources to accomplish goals
- Familiarity with a variety of financing structures
- Experience managing transaction due diligence, documentation, rating process and capital syndication
- Understanding of GAAP practices with respect to proposed transactions
- Ability to conceptualize new business and financing structures to help achieve THE COMPANY’S commercial objectives
- Exposure to or experience with high energy, fast paced environment
- Japanese language skills at business proficient level
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Sayo Kiyama at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1941
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1653437