NextWave Partners is working with a leading developer, owner and operator of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects, with a leadership team that is deeply experienced in developing, contracting, financing, owning, and operating C&I and utility scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. Our client is seeking a Project Developer specializing in the origination and development of small, distribution level “Fast Track” storage projects within California’s three major IOUs. The qualified candidate should be well-organized and focused on locating and executing on sites suitable for the development of battery-storage projects, but willing and able to pivot to other technologies and markets when needed. The successful candidate should also be versed at land acquisition, project finance, landowner negotiations and utility engagement.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and originating distribution level projects in California.
- Thorough knowledge of CAISO, as well as SDG&E, PG&E and SCE utilities and their relevant Fast-Track processes.
- Vast experience in landowner negotiations, site control, land acquisition, and lease optioning.
- Willingness to travel and meet with landowners, interact with AHJ’s, and attend board meetings on the Company’s behalf.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience working on small scale distribution level projects: Solar, Wind and/or Battery Storage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related discipline such as green technology sciences.
- Experience in contract negotiations, legal knowledge and background associated with successful contract management.
- Candidate shall have experience in managing utility interconnection processes and strategy, and familiarity negotiating offtake agreements.
- Demonstrate successful project financing experience.
- Highly communicative, organized and driven to produce projects for development using the Company’s tools and software.
For a confidential discussion, please send in your resume to Sana Anjum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)