A Global Renewable Energy Developer is looking for a Project Developer to join their team in Australia. The company already has one of the largest portfolios of renewable assets under management worldwide, but as of yet haven’t really hit Australia - this is all about to change. The parent company has recently released extensive funds to the Australian team and as such they are now looking to build out their capabilities further.
The Project Developer will be responsible for managing the development of projects across Australia, this will include; site identification, feasibility studies, negotiation with land &/or site owners, design, stakeholder management and then bringing a project through to financial close and handover to the company’s in-house construction team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking full responsibility for developing sites, which ultimately means the success of the business
- Identifying sites
- Conducting feasibly studies – including financial models
- Work alongside origination and trading teams to ensure off-take agreements and PPA’s are put into place
- Working with engineering teams
- Navigating sites through planning process
- Working with investment teams to ensure project reaches successful financial close
- Ability to document all stages of the project thoroughly, to ensure the smoothest possible handover to construction
- In depth knowledge of Renewable Development, 5 years +
- Experience within Wind or Solar development, ideally in Australia
- Demonstrable track record of completed deals
- Strong professional network
- Be able to converse with a very wide range of stakeholders including; investors, banks, developers, IPP’s, land owners & government officials
- Based in either; Sydney or Melbourne.
The company is looking for a committed and motivated candidate who wants to grow with a business. In exchange for this commitment, our client is offering an extensive remuneration package, alongside international career progression opportunities.
If you are interested in the role and your background matches, or is very similar to the above, please get in touch with Oliver Powell at NextWave Partners to find out more, available via phone +65 6340 1918 or email email@example.com