|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Title: Manufacturing Automation Machine Engineer
Location: Mountain Iron, Minnesota
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave is working exclusively with a manufacturer of high efficiency, high quality, and high-reliability solar modules. Their modules are produced on state-of-the-art solar manufacturing lines in Canada and The United States.
The ideal candidate is a team player, has a positive attitude, and is punctual and reliable. The Engineer will maintain production and quality by ensuring up-time operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
The right candidate must have experience using HMI, electrical and mechanical knowledge, and experience with automated manufacturing equipment. A strong understanding of manufacturing process, measurement methods, hands on troubleshooting is required. This position requires someone who is committed to maintaining a high-speed automated production line.
- Ability to lead and work with various projects at same time.
- Ensures operation of automation machinery equipment meets quality and capacity requirements in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Support maintenance to accomplish the preventive maintenance requirements on automation systems, motors, pneumatic, conveyor systems… per the manufactures requirements.
- Must be able to understand machine electrical and mechanical drawings, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Hands-on Troubleshoots malfunctions (HMI controls, mechanical and electrical); locates sources of problems by observing or measuring mechanical or electrical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using both mechanical and electrical precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments and adjusting via HMI or mechanical adjustment to the machine to ensure quality requirements.
- Ability to analyze machine error codes and diagnose root cause and corrective actions.
- Able to communicate with machine supplier (24/7) as necessary to ensure machine up time.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures defined by the Company's Safety Policy and regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Create relevant metrics to improve uptime, productivity, and quality
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or An Automated Technical Degree -OR- 4+ years of experience in the automated electrical and mechanical manufacturing field.
- Ability to utilize a multimeter for electrical troubleshooting.
- Experience with lean manufacturing practices (Kanban, value stream mapping, root cause analysis tools etc.)
- High Energy
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration capabilities.
- Strong ownership of machine up time.
- Manufacturing process controls.
- Strong Documentation capabilities.
- Ability to document and present failure analysis, continual improvement plans, root cause findings.
- HMI and machine repair technical knowledge to perform the tasks outlined in the essential functions.
- Analytical critical thinking skills to take a systematic approach to find the root cause and develop appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to analyze, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Works independently and coordinate efforts with the overall shift goals
- Proven ability to identify existing opportunities, foresee upcoming challenges and effectively react
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all departments
- Open Mind, Teamwork, Communication, Initiative-taking, Self-motivated.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Job has Expired