NextWave Partners is working with a Developer who is seeking a Manager of Commercial Modeling and Data Analytics with very strong excel modeling and Data analytical skills to join their marketing and Asset management team, and drive key commercial analytics that are required for the development and negotiation of projects. The primary focus will be commercial analysis on grid scale storage and solar + storage projects however it is possible that there will be a behind the meter (btm) component to the storage projects.
- Performing commercial, financial and market analysis for Grid Scale energy projects that are primarily Solar + Storage and Storage. This analytical work will be done in Power Marketing on behalf of commercial project offtake negotiations, project M&A, i.e., acquiring partially completed development projects, siting or evaluating of organic development projects or for the creation market fundamental outlook reports. It is also likely that the Manager will be tasked with similar Data Analytics and modeling duties by the Asset Management team for issues related to the company’s operating projects.
- Downloading and working with large data sets that are required for various market analyses and operating project analyses. Many of these are from RTOs or similar organizations.
- Working with new or existing storage assets for Asset Management related issues and concerns.
- Excellent Excel modeling skills. Advanced SQL skills. Strong financial modeling skills are a plus; an ability to code in Python or R is a plus. Knowledge of MatLab, Tableau or similar software is a strong plus.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Experience performing analyses on large data sets for commercial purposes.
- Experience in ERCOT, CAISO, PJM and other wholesale power markets strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of BTM Solar/Storage or Gas markets are pluses.
- Ability to independently bring projects to successful completion.
- High analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Experience structuring and modeling and driving grid scale wholesale projects and experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Applicant should be comfortable working in a lean and fast-moving team and working directly with members of senior management.
- At least 2+ years of experience working with a renewable energy developer, IPP, trading firm, asset management firm or a retail supply company preferred. Experience doing similar commercial and data analytic duties in the wholesale gas or oil markets will be considered. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, or related field preferred. Master’s Degree is a plus.
For a confidential discussion, please send in your resume to Sana Anjum at email@example.com or call her at +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)