|3 months ago
Title: Director of Business Development
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave Partners is working with a renewable energy developer who is looking to develop C&I Solar projects across South East Asia, and are looking to accelerate development across the region, with Malaysia being a core target market.
For that purpose, they are looking for a Director of Business Development to lead all aspects of business development within Malaysia and potentially regionally.
- Lead negotiations, structuring, and implementation of C&I solar PPA's across Malaysia
- Develop and own relationships with industry players and potential partners for the company in the country
- Manage Business Development team in Malaysia
- Review and extract relevant project information (project planning, permitting, land/seabed lease, supplier/EPC contracts, grid connection, financing and PPA/offtake agreements)
- Perform due diligence on this documentation; summarise key technical, commercial and financial risks and opportunities to support financial close / investment committee processes
- Develop, review and optimise the project business case
- Drive business case development, optimisation and risk management, discussing with partners to form an aligned, factual and realistic case
- Manage local stakeholder groups close to project sites
- Deliver analysis and advisory on key renewables policy and regulatory issues, evaluating key project risks and opportunities
- Proven track record of successful business development and sales in the C&I solar industry, with circa 10 years of relevant experience (Sales/Business Development, Engineering or other Renewable Energy experience)
- Strong network and relationships within the C&I solar industry.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Knowledge of sustainable energy trends and regulatory frameworks.
- Strategic thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
EA Registration No: R1767587
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)
Job has Expired