|Location:||United States of America|
|Posted:||15 days ago|
Title: Senior Interconnection Project Engineer
Location: Remote (Ideally West Coast Based)
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave are currently exclusively engaged with a quickly growing, well-funded, Solar & Storage IPP that is growing it's Interconnection / Transmission Team and seeking to hire a Senior Interconnection Project Engineer.
The Sr. IPE role will support Interconnection and Transmission related activities from site due diligence, site identification through performing electrical analysis, generating upgrade costs, to submitting Interconnection Applications, and managing any third party studies. This role is vital to the growth of the business and to helping advance the large pipeline of the company.
- Complete interconnection applications and supporting documentation for projects in various RTOs and vertically integrated markets. Liaise with Commercial and Engineering teams for technical data gatherings to prepare the application packages.
- Routinely perform due diligence for M&A projects by reviewing interconnection documents from data room and brief Development and Commercial team on key findings
- Evaluate transmission & interconnection tariffs, costs, timelines, queue, and processes for a variety of markets and provide strategy to the cross-functional Development and Commercial Teams.
- Routinely perform powerflow studies (using GE PSLF and Siemens PSS/E software) to assess electric interconnection viability of renewable projects and support Development and Commercial Teams for due diligence studies and efforts before commencing interconnection applications. Identify optimal interconnection locations in target markets based on multiple cross-functional siting criteria.
- Provide technical support and coordination to Engineering department and Project Directors throughout the engineering and design of projects.
- Build and improve relationships with utilities/ISOs and track interconnection progress to ensure timely and cost-effective project completion.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical engineering, Master's, and/or MBA preferred. PE license is preferred but not required.
- Development or transmission planning at a utility, ISO/RTO, or project developer.
- Strong capabilities using GE PSLF, Siemens PSS/E and AutoCAD software
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously at a dynamic pace, find creative solutions, and communicate with both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience communicating / working with utilities, consulting firms, ISO/RTOs, and regulators
- Experience performing due diligence for solar and energy storage projects is preferred.
- (Ideal but not required) PE License, Advanced Degree (MSEE / EE) from ABET accredited program.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
If you are an interconnection / grid / transmission professional and do not fit these requirements, please do consider reaching out as Silas works with Interconnection-related roles frequently and would be glad to speak.
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.