NextWave Partners has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Developer to join a leading global renewable energy developer to help them build out the Africa market by originating new business opportunities and evaluating investment proposals and projects. This role will be based out of Nairobi.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate Renewable Energy projects and investments in its entirety:
- Risk Assessment of Projects and Investments
- Confirmation of status of land (main site; grid line; access; mining rights)
- Energy Analysis (Wind and Solar Resource)
- Community and Stakeholder Relations
- Ability to Finance
- Grid Availability and Grid Connection Agreement terms and conditions
- Regulatory Support
- Planning, Permitting and Environmental Policy
- Constructability of assets
- Costs of entry/development
- Put together investment proposal/deck to recommend action to management on whether to pursue, and how to pursue, these opportunities.
- Manage the due diligence process to evaluate project and investment viability.
- Manage the different aspect of development for example:
- Community Relations
- Energy Analysis
- Negotiate contracts and manage third parties for delivery of projects
- Degree qualified with a minimum of 10 years work experience
- Excellent Project Management skills and a highly organised approach to work.
- Experience of working on development, acquisition or sale of renewable power generation projects in Africa.
- Decisive manager with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Microsoft software e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and specialist software packages e.g. GIS, MS Project, SharePoint is essential
- Fluency in English is essential
- Full driving license
- Ability to travel frequently
If this opportunity is of interest, please send your CV to Adit Mehta on the below email address and a confidential discussion can be arranged.
Direct Line: +65 6340 1944
Business License Number: 16S8303