My client is an investor/developer with global business and Singapore is one of their main market focus.
They’re looking for Head of Accountant to focus on all accounting related matters for them in the region.
The Head of Accounting oversees all activities of the accounting and tax accounting departments and is involved in the supervision and management of general accounting activities, analyses, business partnership, and the maintenance of effective internal controls while ensuring statutory compliance in all accounting initiatives.
The Head of Accounting is responsible for the day-to-day aspects of the business’s accounting and reporting functions and he reports directly to the Chief Finance Officer who takes responsibility over the entire financial department. He is additionally expected to work with other finance departmental heads in deciding on complex modelling of the business’s financial approaches that cut across the entire business
- Understanding of transaction such as including asset management regulated to transaction – someone who understands commercialised terms for renewable energy
- Leads the department in the documentation of all financial books and records
- Proactive engagement across the accounting department in implementing audit findings
- Prepares reports in reflection of the revenue quarterly/annual processes, which he delivers directly to the Chief Finance Officer with a view of improving the business’s overall financial performance.
- Preparation and monitoring the business’s annual budgets and liaises with external auditors to drive ad hoc projects that will improve process efficiency
- Leading the accounting departments in the preparation of accounts and conducting quarterly/annual auditing and the final preparation of accounts
- Takes initiative in ensuring departmental compliance with state tax requirements as well as with accepted accounting principles
- Attends regular finance forums/meetings both internally and externally in an attempt to gather useful knowledge and insights
- Makes recommendations for systems improvements across the finance department and oversees the implementation of approved changes across the department upon approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance / accounting
- International company working environment
- Renewable energy experience is required
- Strong personal drive and initiative
- CFA/CPA is a major plus
- 10 years overall experience with leadership experience
- In house + Big 4 experience is required
- Detailed orientated
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Clarlynn Tan at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6914 9935
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1658538