|Posted:||3 months ago|
Title: Grid Manager
Location: Spain, ideally Madrid
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
Next Wave Partners is looking for a Grid Connection Manager for a leading company in the Renewable Energy field (Solar & Wind).
This is a strategic role involves a team player aptitude to ensure that grid connections required by the company's projects are applied/progressed/delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner, in accordance with the technical specs of the TSO/DNO/DSOs and the Applicable Law.
The Grid Engineering Manager is responsible for the development of wind/solar powered generation projects from the project identification stage through financial closing and start of construction.
The position requires both technical and commercial knowledge, as well as strategic planning, grid share agreements and compliance skills to ensure that grid code compliance is appropriately managed and maintained throughout the development through to the construction process and the whole lifetime of a plant.
· Responsible for monitoring the national and regional permitting process of wind/solar plants
· Support project development activities in relation to the technical details of evacuation infrastructure and grid connection
· Provide technical-economical assessment of evacuation infrastructures
· Provide technical support in the negotiation of common infrastructure for projects under development
· Perform grid capacity analysis with the aim to identify new development opportunities
· Assure grid code compliance of projects under development and provide technical assistance during testing and energisation in relation to grid connection requirement
· Identify prospective projects with suitable wind/solar resource, electric transmission access, and site characteristics
· Establish and manage relationships with stakeholders, including regulators, utilities, TSOs and community leaders, to support project development
· Initiate, lead and conduct value-added engineering studies of alternative design approaches with internal and external resources as needed
· Support the financial analysis and modeling of the project.
· Manage project level expenditures and invoice processing
· Promote, analyze and coordinate potential co-development agreements
· Work with internal resources, such as the Legal, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Finance, Investment Analysis and Energy Assessment teams
· Analyze and evaluate new and emerging technologies as part of solar/wind projects, hybrid projects and storage projects as the market evolves
· Provide reports to management by producing regular and frequent pipeline updates, project status updates, and other reporting documents
· Research energy market and competition on an ongoing basis
· Communicate information continuously and effectively to cross-functional team
· Additional duties as required
At least 5 years of responsible project management experience in the renewable energy industry
Deep knowledge of the Spanish markets and a strong/solid network in the sector and licensing authorities
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software; knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and PVsyst software preferred
Experience in local and national policy development a plus
Technical knowledge of permitting processes and regulatory requirements relating to development, construction, and operations of energy projects
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (electrical engineering preferred), or a related field
Fluent in Spanish and good English level
Competitive salary package.
Additional benefits including bonus, health insurance, flexible remuneration and attractive benefits like food allowance.
Career plan and real growth possibilities
To be part of a world leading company in the development and management of renewable projects.
You will work in a multinational team and manage projects in various parts of the world.
A company with an inclusive philosophy, where each person is valued and treated with respect.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)
Job has Expired