NextWave Partners is working with a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide who is seeking dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with business/project development backgrounds within the African renewable energy market.
The Development Manager will be responsible for identifying and securing new project opportunities across the Sub-Saharah renewable energy market, working in projects at different stages - green-field and/or acquisition of projects ready to be financing or built.
- Identify and nurture relationships with local/regional developers, brokers, banks, contractors, etc. to identify project opportunities
- Identify, screen and evaluate new business and project opportunities
- Negotiate with prospective partners and establish project development or acquisition agreements
- Secure project-relevant permits, licenses, and authorizations
- Obtain viable offtake and network connection arrangements
- Secure project equity and debt finance
- Manage the process to financial close and ensure timely handover to construction
- (Masters) Degree in Business, Engineering, Legal or other relevant fields
- Fluency in French and English (written and spoken).
- 3+ years development experience in the renewable energy industry, ideally in the African market
- Working knowledge and understanding of Power Purchase Agreements, grid connections, permitting requirements, bidding processes, and Project Financial modeling.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Shaun Mogul at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1913
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1981166