A leading global investment firm is developing a large offshore wind project in Asia and are looking to hire an experienced and technically astute Wind Turbine Package Manager to assist with the delivery of this project.
Role & Responsibilities
- Development Phase
- Interface seamlessly with the other Package Managers (Commercial and Technical) to ensure that the overall offshore wind development is successfully procured and delivered.
- Project management of their relevant package during the planning and development phase in lead up to construction.
- Provide commercial input and recommendations on procurement strategy for the relevant packages to identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for our projects;
- Lead the procurement activities for the relevant package including:
- Provide recommendations on the most appropriate procurement strategy.
- Identify potential contractors and suppliers for the performance of the works and services required for the design, engineering, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning, testing and completion for each package.
- Provide recommendations on the most suitable contractors and suppliers for such works and services, such recommendations to have regard to the technical and financial qualifications of the relevant candidates and the budget, timetable, financing and procurement strategy, long term operation and maintenance costs and future revenue generation.
- Manage and run the full procurement process, for the relevant package, for the appointment of all contractors, including drafting and issuing the bid/tender documents, analysing tenders submitted, managing and responding to bidder queries and negotiate the price and full terms for the performance of the relevant works and services
- Assist with input in the financial modelling of the offshore wind projects where required
- Prepare materials and participate in business development meetings with clients
- Commercial management during construction phase and forward planning of EPC Contractor activities for the relevant package.
- Provide commercial / contractual input on interface issues that may arise within and/or between work packages
- Be responsible for contract administration and responding to contractual matters when they arise
- Manage time effectively between Office and Site to ensure that construction is being delivered “on time” and “on budget”
- Establish meeting schedules with relevant contractors, service providers and internal teams to oversee and control overall project delivery on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving
- Establish suitable weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
- Provide any relevant input that may be required from time to time on work health, safety and environment plans and their implementation, including any requirements arising from the environmental impact assessment.
- Oversee and manage relevant commercial handover procedures for each package ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating commercial or legal interface issues between contractors
- Trouble shooting and problem solving commercial and legal related issues as they arise
- Engage with the operations and maintenance contractors and service providers to ensure seamless commercial and legal handover and minimisation of interface issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance or legal related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with an energy developer, utility, turbine provider or related field performing Commercial Manager roles for offshore wind projects
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Prior experience in Asia will be preferred
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Mike Feely on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1940
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1767587