NextWave Partners is working with a leading renewable and energy storage developer that is backed by a reputable investment management firm. Our client is seeking an experienced, energetic mid-career professional to join its legal team and support the development, acquisition and financing of its utility-scale project portfolio across the United States.
The Vice President, Legal will perform and oversee complex legal services for the development, acquisition, financing, and execution of large-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable projects in collaboration with the General Counsel and various commercial and development team leaders.
The position requires the ability to both directly perform and oversee external counsel in matters typical to the business of a power and renewable energy development company, including experience with:
- M&A Transactions: including diligence and evaluation, membership interest purchase agreements, purchase and sale agreements, asset purchase agreements, joint ventures, etc.
- Finance and Tax: including project finance, debt and tax equity structures
- Energy Agreements: including power purchase agreements, non-wire-alternative contracts, energy services/shared savings agreements, etc.
- Standard Corporate Contracts: including development services agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Real Estate Agreements: including leases, lease-options, purchase, purchase-options, lease purchases, easements, etc.
- Regulatory: familiarity with regulatory law, permitting and compliance related to the power and utility sector.
- Juris doctor (JD) with a record of high academic achievement from a top-tier law school
- 7+ years of post-qualification experience, with demonstrated experience in large-scale project development and finance in the renewable energy or energy storage industry.
- Member in good standing of a U.S. State Bar (with a preference for CA, NY or TX).
- A creative, proactive, problem-solving, and self-starter work ethic is essential. As part of a lean and dynamic team, the candidate must be able to plan, organize, manage, and complete numerous assignments simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Location: Ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Location of workplace is flexible provided candidate is able to travel as required.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Silas Mahner at email@example.com or +1 (929) 295-6707 (Direct Line)