Our client is an investment company looking for a Solar development director to overlook the entire development (including technical aspects) for their solar projects.
- Actively manage and direct project development activities including:
- Identifying suitable sites and managing the process to appropriately secure the sites
- Research site permit requirements and timelines
- Manage and submit land use applications
- Represent the project in presentations to local permitting authority
- Manage the project budget and schedule
- Manage engagement of consultants and procurement of contractors and suppliers for developing and constructing a solar project in Taiwan
- Negotiate EPC contracts with potential contractors and suppliers
- Managing the EPC contractors and contracts in the delivery of the EPC services
- Managing the O&M contractor and contract in the delivery of the O&M services
- Coordinate with relevant Taiwan Government or environmental department on permitting and planning processes
- Manage the Taipower grid connection applications, permits, timing and process management including costing for grid connection and required land and infrastructure
- Managing the FIT / PPA process with Taipower
- Assist in the financial modelling of the solar project in order to determine the overall project development and construction cost and revenues and expenses
- Prepare materials and participate in business development meetings with clients
- Maintain working knowledge of current (and proposed) solar related tariff and statutes
Key skills and knowledge areas required
- Based in Taipei, Taiwan
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience with an energy developer, real estate development, consultant, utility or related field in developing, constructing or operating large scale ground mounted solar projects
- Project management skills
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Enjoy and be effective at developing and nurturing client relationships at the appropriate level.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed.
- Be a team player.
- Fluent Mandarin and English (written and spoken)
Please send your CV with your name and contact number to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest.