NextWave Partners is working with a large European Renewable Energy Developer, who is leading their expansion into the dynamic solar market of Brazil with an ambitious strategy to develop 1.5 GW of assets over the next 4 years. The purpose of this role is to originate and lead acquisitions and co-development of large-scale solar portfolios/projects in Brazil.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and develop new business opportunities;
- Prepare financial model to assess the returns of the project;
- Manage the Legal and Technical Due Diligence process with the support of the legal/technical teams and external advisors;
- Negotiate the relevant project contracts: NDA, Heads of Terms, Lease, Share Purchase Agreement/Asset Purchase Agreement and EPC/O&M;
- Develop strong working relationships with the project funders and its Investment Managers; and
- Develop strong working relationships with third party developers.
- Knowledge & Qualifications
- General knowledge of the power market, regulatory environment around renewable energy and solar in particular in Brazil;
- Solid understanding of commercial activities including funding arrangements and legal documentation negotiation;
- Technical understanding of a solar farm development, construction and operation;
- Understanding of property development, particularly leases; and
- Understanding of solar farm planning constraints.
- General Skills/Attributes
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Financial modelling skills required.
- Ability to establish long term professional relationships with third parties;
- Highly analytical/numerical;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A strong work ethic;
- Entrepreneurial mind-set: hands-on mentality and ‘getting things done’ attitude; and,
- Strong attention to detail and able to problem solve and work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience Required
- Prior infrastructure investment experience in the renewable industry in Brazil required;
- 3-4 years with a developer, utility, infrastructure investor managing investments in power assets;
- Solar specific experience will be strongly preferred;
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (mandatory)
- Ideally a Brazilian National;
- Frequent domestic travel; and,
- Expert in MS Office.
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Louison Cassarino at NextWave Partners:
Direct: +65 6340 1933