NextWave Partners is working with a leading developer and operator of energy storage projects with a proven track record of financing, developing, owning, and operating MW-scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. Our client designs customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications, including microgrids and distributed energy resources, commercial and industrial facilities, and utility-scale systems that can power entire cities.
Our client is seeking a Project Development Analyst to Support development of energy storage and renewable hybrid projects from market assessment to site development and through financial close, within the Western US, with California as the primary market. This is a high visibility role in a fast-paced industry, with a broad scope that with advancement can lead to roles in project development, market analytics and origination / power marketing. This role reports into the Vice President of Development, Western US.
- Perform primary research and documentary support that informs actionable project development strategies in region.
- Support development of utility scale projects to successful financial close, working with in-house and external subject matter experts.
- Develop and own relationships with external project stakeholders including landowners, utility personnel, and federal, state and local authorities having jurisdiction over project consents.
- Own project status tracking and provide regular reporting to regional development lead and executive team.
- Gather and organize development inputs to project financial models, from internal and external resources, including on development incentives, sales and property tax regimes and labor rules.
- Work with origination and development teams to organize project materials, conduct and document outreach efforts and assist with bilateral and RFP-based power marketing.
- Support due diligence for development or acquisition projects, including summarizing project facts, perceived risks and opportunities, including quantitative assessments.
- Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A graduate degree (MBA, finance or quantitative science) is desirable.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in renewable energy project development (preferably utility-scale). A history of applicable internships throughout schooling will be considered.
- Project development experience in CAISO strongly preferred.
- Demonstrably strong organizational skills and experience using project and task tracking tools.
- High initiative and desire to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with executive mentorship but limited task-level direction and supervision.
- As part of a lean and dynamic team, the candidate must be able to plan, oversee, and personally execute numerous projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
For a confidential discussion, please send in your resume to Sana Anjum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)