We are looking for an Origination Manager for a startup business backed and executed by some of the minds behind one of the most successful funds in the APAC region.
They have recently secured a strategic partnership with an industrial asset owner and exclusivity over their industrial tenants to provide behind the meter solar. They also have a portfolio of utility scale wind farms that will be seeking offtake in the form of partial corporate/wholesale PPAs.
The Origination Manager role offers excellent for career development prospects, including increasing sales team. The position a chance for real autonomy in an industry normally run by conglomerates.
- Work to become a preferred supplier of PPA’s in the C&I market in Australia
- Lead market research into changing characteristics of the energy markets and the impact on retail electricity pricing for industrial customers to provide leading insights to how their energy costs may change over time
- Gaining insights from broad ranging industrial clients to better profile problems faced and potential solutions, thinking innovatively to create solutions that might apply to other customers
- Manage sales pipeline and customer relationship management of commercial and industrial customers
- Identify and lead negotiation of power purchase agreements for behind the meter solar and other structured energy contracts that may be suitable or applicable to customers
- Seeking opportunities for LGC sales either to existing customers or through other market based or OTC contracts
- Leading the origination team with input from the investment director, technical manager, project manager and legal support to ensure the PPAs have been assessed across multiple disciplines and that material risks are clearly communicated through an internal investment committee.
- Coordinate with investment team, project development, project management and technical teams to ensure contracts are aligned with the project development profile (schedule, cost, risk etc.)
- Present and represent transactions in the internal investment committee process
- Collaborating with the legal team and project finance teams, and sharing with the team common/market contractual positions and compromises executed Someva including any impacts they had during the sale/financing of the asset
- Interface closely with the managing director where sales opportunities face critical gates to decision making
- Develop and maintain a streamlined negotiation process to minimize risk, negotiating time, and legal costs, while close coordination with the managing director
- Follow procedures that ensure a timely and complete handover of executed commercial agreements to the execution teams responsible for delivering on contractual obligations.
- Coordinate and project manage the negotiation process and timeline.
- Travel to customer locations as necessary for negotiations and relationship development; domestic and potentially international travel required upon establish success and growth of a domestic sales team
- Help develop PPA negotiating depth on the Transaction Execution Team by training other Negotiation Leads on PPAs
- Travel between 15-25%
- Other duties as assigned including negotiating other related customer-facing agreements if required or needed to balance team/individual work load
- Successfully closed PPA’s in Australia
- Experience and familiarity with structured project finance and the sensitivities of equity, lenders, and tax equity as it relates to PPA provisions.
- Large network within the C&I market and understanding of drivers behind choice to procure renewable energy in behind the meter PPAs or through corporate PPAs.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Australian Electricity industry
- Strong communication skills, able to deal with business owners, regulatory bodies & banks Strong knowledge of energy markets, retail pricing structures, retail pricing offers and forecasts, regulatory frameworks affecting pricing and energy contract structures
- Exemplary customer service skills, interfacing directly with counterparty company heads, vice presidents, and legal counsel
- Strong legal acumen, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to discern subtle requirements, nuances and differences within complex commercial and legal documents
- Solid technical acumen for or existing knowledge of solar power plant technology, project development, construction, operation, maintenance and performance
- Exceptional presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Able to present examples of strong integrity and transparency to clients
- Highly effective time management skills, with the ability to execute on multiple negotiations and business objectives simultaneously
- Reporting to Managing Director
- Negotiable dependant on candidates experience and what they can bring to the table.
If you are interested in the opportunity, or would like to know more, please get in touch with Oliver Powell at the below contact details:
+65 6340 1918