My client is a leading solar developer and operator looking to expand its footprint in Asia. We are currently seeking a Market Intelligence and Category Manager to be based in their Singapore office.
- Manages comprehensive supply chain and cost intelligence on solar and energy storage on suppliers, competitors and customer models including, but not limited to, new product developments, costs and trends, market growth projections, and market forces
- Collects and manages intelligence and developments in energy storage on the global market to provide insights to engineering and business development teams and towards strategic sourcing
- Develop mutually beneficial long-term relationships with energy storage solution providers
- Sourcing Energy Storage Equipment (including but not limited to BESS Providers, PCS System etc) and contracted services (including but not limited to EPCs, civil works and installers etc) from global and regional suppliers and contractors.
- Ideate and Deliver Forward Costing strategy with decision-making tools to enable informed costing decisions for business growth
- Manage central and local supply chain teams to create strategic cost initiatives and ensure project delivery excellence
- Provide operational excellence support to multi-stakeholder divisions and build an end-to-end business delivery excellence tool to enable seamless communication and business growth
- Regular interaction and reporting to internal stakeholders, up to and including board on performance metrics and procurement strategy
- Bachelor’s in Science degree in Power, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or any related discipline. Master’s an added advantage.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in Operations, Global Sourcing, Procurement, and Delivery (Energy Storage experience preferred)
- Experience working with Energy Storage Products, Projects and Solutions, sustainability and supply chain matters and strategies
- Knowledge in hands-on Forward Cost Modeling, Should Costing and price analysis along with value engineering, market intelligence, and supply disruption risk analysis
- Possess a strong understanding of the global solar and energy storage market
- Good communication skills
*Please note that renewable energy-related experience is essential for the role*
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Crystal Lian at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1948
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1872153