|Posted:||about 1 year ago|
Interconnection Engineer - Solar + Storage
NextWave Partners is working with a well-respected developer, owner, and operator of utility scale solar plants. As they expand, they are seeking an experienced Interconnection Manager to provide support for a growing organization in a fast-paced environment. This position provides a perfect opportunity for a professional looking for interesting work within a growing cohesive team, the ability to expand their experience and contribute to the corporation's success.
The Interconnection Engineer is responsible for the interconnection and transmission analysis, studies, applications, design, specification, scheduling, testing, and assists in the commissioning of the point of interconnection. The Interconnection Engineer is the primary Company contact during the proposal, execution, construction phase of interconnection facilities, and on to successful project interconnection to the grid.
- Conduct power flow modeling, interconnection analysis, and utility coordination to evaluate available transmission capacities for existing substations and/or transmission lines, and identify potential and preferred locations for future projects development,
- Manage the interconnection process including filling out interconnection applications and liaise with all relevant parties (Utility, ISO/RTO, etc)
- Manage the companies various queue positions through the entire project lifecycle
- Perform preliminary design and develop single line diagrams for interconnections as necessary and required by utilities for application purposes
- 1-3 years of PSS/E, PSCAD, and/or other power flow software knowledge and practice is required
- Ideally has managed the interconnection application process for a developer (either directly or as a consultant) (1-3 years experience)
- A self-starter that can work independently on projects and key deliverables
- Must be familiar with ISOs/RTOs, utilities, TSPs, DSPs, QSEs structure, process, and timelines for the US market
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the skills to perform these duties, please reach out to Silas Mähner @ email@example.com to have a discussion about your background and the company details. (Candidates must be living in the US or Canada currently)
Job has Expired