Our client is a Major Independent Power Producer who has one of the largest solar portfolios in the world.
As part of their aggressive expansion globally, they are looking for a Head of Procurement (Asia), who will play a key role in the global sourcing and procurement strategy development and implementation to enable growth, profitability and operational excellence of the company by maximising the value from Asia supply base and developing mutually beneficial long-term partnership with selected suppliers and supporting project execution of global projects by ensuring on cost, on time and on quality deliveries.
- Sourcing solar PV equipment (including but not limited to modules, inverters, trackers, cables etc) from companies in Asia mainly China.
- Facilitating the communication and cooperation with executive management of partner suppliers in Asia
- Continuously scan the solar PV market and provide timely and regular intelligence
- Finding the best deals and negotiating large orders
- Ensuring that all suppliers are pre-qualified, and equipment purchased is of a suitably high level of quality
- Coordinate qualification audits of selected suppliers, facilitate on-boarding qualified suppliers, attend pre-shipment testing and inspections
- Conduct shipment planning and expediting
- Focus on developing long-term relationships with key suppliers through category organisation
- Build trust towards suppliers to remain a long-term relationship
- Being part of the Group Sourcing Committee, this individual is expected to contribute to strategic decisions and the future development of LSbp World class supplier base.
- Coordinate with category managers and project procurement managers on strategic planning and objectives and report regularly to the Global Sourcing Director on progress and target achievement
- Bachelor in Science degree in Power, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Master in Science degree or MBA preferred
- Professional certification like CPSM, CSCP, CIPS are preferred
- Fluent in spoken Mandarin is a very strong advantage and ability to read and write in the language would also be a plus
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- Proven experience of management position
- Business experience of +10 years in a Global Sourcing function
- Experience in supporting multi-functional projects in an international work environment with remote locations
- Understanding of category management and application thereof
- Previous experience of doing business in Asia
- Proven track record in the solar PV industry
- Strong understanding of the global solar market (suppliers, distributors and contractors) is essential
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Cherish Yew at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1939
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1435758