|S$180000 - S$250000 per annum
|3 months ago
Job Title: Head of Engineering
The comany is currently recruiting for a Head of Independent Engineering, Australasia, to join one of our existing teams in Sydney (Manly) or Melbourne (City), or to help us build new team in Brisbane or Perth.
The company is a global engineering business, specialising in consulting engineering services for the renewable energy sector. We offer a complete package of services to investors, lenders, developers and asset owners in relation to wind energy (on-shore and off-shore), photovoltaic solar and energy storage technologies.
The Head of Independent Engineering, Australasia, will oversee a wide range of company's services in relation to renewable energy technical due diligence or lenders technical advisory. The role spans wind energy (on-shore and off-shore) and photovoltaic solar generation technologies as well as energy storage systems. They will mentor and collaborate with team members and check / approve a wide range of technical reports. They will frequently interact with clients and help win new business. This leadership role reports directly to the Head of Australasia.
The Company has a growing portfolio of Independent Engineering assignments across the APAC region and world-wide.
The Head of Independent Engineering, Australasia will provide oversight of our existing portfolio of Independent Engineering assignments in Australia and New Zealand and provide line management for a team of Engineers. They will provide mentoring and support to their team members and contribute to project delivery, occasionally as project director or technical specialist or both. They will frequently interact with clients and help win new business. This role reports directly to the Head of Australasia.
The role will be focused on growing our existing team and capabilities in the sector, while consolidating and improving processes and delivering high levels of growth.
- Contribute to business management as a member of the APAC Management Team and play an active role in the development of our renewable energy business and teams
- Manage the recruitment, development and co-ordination of the Independent Engineering team
- Provide technical and project management support, advice and expertise to colleague across the business
- Mentor and nurture team members with honesty and authenticity
- Build healthy and productive relationships with clients and identify business growth opportunities
- Collaborate widely with colleagues in other regions, including sector specialists, country managers, and technical colleagues
Identify opportunities for new client relationships and new consulting assignments
- Oversee development of high-quality proposals to win new work
Negotiate contracts in relation to new Independent Engineering assignments
- Act as Project Director on large and/or complex Independent Engineering assignments
- Oversee the delivery of Independent Engineering projects in Australia and New Zealand and support the wider Asia Pacific region
- Advise on Independent Engineering project execution globally
- Maintain an unwavering safety focus
Improve documentation and processes to ensure high-quality project outputs
Co-operate with the wider group to ensure quality of standards worldwide
Develop in-house tools for delivering and managing work effectively
Establish guidelines for consultants to follow and provide training in order to achieve a consistent approach/output
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
Experience in a relevant, senior role
- Substantial knowledge and experience in relation to at least one of wind energy, photovoltaic solar or energy storage technologies
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant career experience
Highly developed technical due diligence skills
- Good knowledge of relevant Australian, New Zealand and international technical standards and working practices
Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline
Consulting experience or demonstrated aptitude for managing clients or service delivery
- Chartered or Professional Engineer status
- RPEQ certification
Job has Expired