NextWave Partners are working exclusively with a high-growth Renewables IPP that is seeking a Director of EPC.
This role will lead general solar engineering and EPC contract negotiations for solar, battery, and offshore wind projects totaling approximately 5 GW annually.
- Leading and supporting project engineering, procurement and construction efforts
- Issuing RFPs for the company’s solar, storage and offshore wind construction contracts
- Negotiating EPC contracts and administering them
- Reviewing and managing existing EPC contracts
- Understanding the solar, wind and battery storage supply chains; support in the company’s procurement negotiations with vendors
- Developing scopes of work for third party engineering and environmental consultants
- Managing, optimizing and overseeing initial project layouts and designs
- General engineering supervision, expert reviews and support needed
- Participating in corporate strategy with the executive team
- 10+ years of related engineering design, cost estimation, construction and contract negotiation experience. Power and renewables sector EPC experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in civil engineering. MBA preferred
- Must have ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with the financial implications of EPC decisions
- Successful track record of overseeing EPC processes
- Experienced in independently interacting with team members, contractors, and constituents
- Excellent communication skills for internal communication, project marketing, and stakeholder relations
- Ability to study, understand, synthesize and communicate information from multiple parties and disciplines to audiences with different backgrounds and experiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Our client is the largest privately owned renewable energy developer in the U.S. With a team of 30. They are consistently on industry rankings for top ten developers nationally. The Company was founded by a team of energy industry veterans who have worked together for over 25 years. Our client has a pipeline of over 40GW of renewable projects.
If you are interested contact Silas at email@example.com with your attached CV and he’ll be in touch if there is a good fit.