NextWave Partners is working with a leading Developer who is seeking a Director of Development. Reporting to the Managing Director of Development, the Director position will be responsible for leading the development of solar photovoltaic and energy storage projects in the PJM and Southeastern markets. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of these markets; proven renewable project development and transaction experience; strong communication skills and financial acumen; and an ability to drive complex deals to closure.
- Develop, own and execute the project development strategy for the East Region, which includes the PJM and the Southeastern markets.
- Manage a team of development managers and analysts and provide leadership and mentorship in negotiation, analysis, risk assessment and business development.
- Direct portfolio-wide activities with a focus on budget management and project profitability.
- Manage financial modeling and analysis, creation of internal and external proposals, and transaction execution
- Manage and collaborate with internal and external resources in the process of structuring, negotiating, and closing project transactions including land agreements, tax agreements, PPAs, BOTs, PSAs, and EPC agreements.
- Lead and/or manage due diligence on projects, sites, and counterparties for development or acquisition projects.
- Analyze and interpret regulations, power economics, input prices and other data by market and provide input to the company’s business plan and development strategy.
- Significant indirect and direct financial impact, developing projects of $20M+
- Accountable for East Region Development KPIs and personnel management
- Significant internal collaboration with Development, Engineering, Construction, Legal, and Finance.
- External interactions with counterparties that may include project sellers, investors, offtakers, real estate owners, consultants, EPC providers, etc.
- 6+ years of experience in energy project development, with a strong preference for utility-scale renewable experience.
- Project development experience in PJM strongly preferred.
- 4 year degree required. MBA or other relevant master’s degree valued.
- Successful track record of executing complex energy projects and/or transactions.
- Strong project and process management skills with experience managing multiple teams on simultaneous projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex risks and opportunities into succinct and actionable directions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage personnel, including remote employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage competing deadlines.
- Detail oriented with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of work product.
- Highly driven and hardworking individual with high standards for themselves and others.
For a confidential discussion, please send in your resume to Sana Anjum at email@example.com or call her at +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)