NextWave’s client is seeking a Developer to cover the company’s development activities in the Western Region.
- Identify new PV and PV+S greenfield development opportunities and acquisitions through detailed market analysis
- Actively participate in developing, evaluating, and executing Brightnight strategy, including developing projects with lowest LCOE and the latest technology to create accretive value.
- Take lead project development role for select PV and PV+S development opportunities. This shall include, but not be limited to:
- Determining a project specific development plan and budget with the development lead.
- Review projects with senior management/advisory board at key milestone dates to secure funding for the next phase of the project.
- Assessing permitting requirements and initiate environmental permitting through available internal and external resources.
- Coordinate the electric interconnection process with internal and external personnel and directly participate in all phases of the process.
- Work closely with internal and external engineering and technical personnel to identify cost and schedule advantages during all phases of project development and design.
- Gather necessary price inputs and work with the broader team to develop, maintain, and optimize project economics.
- Identify power off-takers and structure power sale products in support of RFP’s and direct sales.
- Act as community liaison between the project and the company,
- Identify new sites and work with landowners to acquire site control on terms favorable to Bn and supportive of LCOE targets.
- Represent company with permitting agencies, in pre-application meetings, and in public meetings, as they pertain to projects under development.
- Gather market intelligence and expand relationships with appropriate government, regulatory, and utility officials to understand project approval process, electric rates and regulations and incentives structures. Analyze impact of changing federal and state regulatory environments and adjust strategy as necessary
- Work with the company’s engineering resources to evaluate new technologies and engineering services companies and to support the negotiation of equipment supply and construction agreements.
- Consult with construction and finance professionals in developing necessary financial models, financing, and regulatory related research and negotiations. Lead project hand-off to construction and operations team for closed projects.
- Travel to site locations to perform feasibility reviews and to assess development risks.
- Solar development experience with energy storage and conventional generation experience a plus.
- Direct experience originating, developing and seeing projects through the interconnection process to successful project close in WECC and CAISO.
- Utility scale (20 MW+) project development experience.
- Lead development for at least five renewable projects with storage project development a plus.
- Successful track record originating projects and bringing projects to successful financial close
- Project finance experience – direct or in a supporting role
- Thorough understanding of financial modeling for renewable projects
- Understanding of how capacity, energy and ancillary markets function and the value proposition for a buyer.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Quin Weidner at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (929) 295-6702 (Direct Line)