Our client is looking for a Civil Design Engineer for a role based in Sydney, Australia for one of the world’s largest EPC businesses. You will be responsible for all non-electrical aspects of design and site layouts for ground-mounted solar PV installations throughout New South Wales (NSW) and Queensland (QLD).
This individual will collaborate with various departments on requests to develop, design, and optimize the projects. Your work will then be shared with installation contractors, geotechnical firms, permitting authorities, clients and system owners as part of the overall design of solar photovoltaic system.
- Evaluate potential project locations for site suitability, geology, hydrology, topography, and other relevant characteristics to inform PV System Design.
- Potential travel to perform site assessments and due diligence field work throughout NSW and QLD in support of project bids, environmental studies, surveying, and construction activities.
- Support Sales and Project Development Departments by sizing potential customer sites using satellite imagery, publicly available land data, and PV system design experience.
- Design PV system including selecting racking/mounting equipment, designing access roads, drainage plans, performing relevant calculations, erosion prevention, and other tasks throughout the design and construction process.
- Assemble system drawing sets in AutoCAD for purposes of bidding, permitting, and construction in accordance with the clients design standards and methodology.
- Prepare and/or evaluate technical specifications for foundation designs and construction site plans from contractors; Assist Supply Chain department in running RFPs and managing installation, civil, and geotechnical sub-contractors.
- Document completed installations for client as-built drawings for purposes of operations and maintenance.
- Remain up-to-date on new technologies and regulatory conditions including building codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, and relevant standards development.
The successful candidate will be a degree qualified civil engineer with a minimum of 5 years working in the industry.
The is an urgent role for our client with the candidate hopefully being able to start prior to Christmas or beginning of January.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Dan Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6340 1942
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1550272