NextWave Partners’ Client is a global renewable energy developer currently looking for an individual to support their current offshore wind Joint Venture. The role is expected to evolve into the Onshore Transmission Package Manager as the Joint Venture progresses.
The Onshore Transmission Project Manager (PM) is a senior role of the Technical Team. The person will be accountable for managing the delivery of onshore transmission infrastructure encompassing the cable landfall, the onshore cable and the onshore substation. This role has critical interfaces with other roles in the Technical Team: Grid Connection Manager and Offshore Export Cable Engineer as well as with other roles in the Development Team such as the Onshore Permitting Manager.
The key responsibility of this role is managing a highly visible, multi stakeholder, complex onshore electric transmission project to ensure all phases of development, approvals and execution are completed efficiently and within scope, schedule, and budget. The Onshore Transmission PM works closely with personnel throughout the offshore wind team to design, site, permit and construct the project.
Primary duties include overall responsibility for management of all phases and aspects of the onshore transmission project including managing the development and process for assessing the technical feasibility of the transmission circuit route options identified by the Development Team (securing land, permitting, proper siting…), managing the development and evaluation of documents for engineering, design, construction and procurement of material and support systems. The Onshore Transmission Infrastructure PM will manage third party contractors supporting the day to day work.
- Responsible for producing the technical specification to deliver the onshore transmission infrastructure
- Support Development Team on key technical considerations for transmission line routing (including the cable landfall) and onshore substation siting, including technical cost/benefit analysis of proposed routes.
- Prepare the technical scope and review technical offers received from vendors to execute the onshore substation and onshore transmission line design/construction to support EPC contracting.
- Manages the vendors for the design of the onshore cable infrastructure and substation. Ensures work is completed in compliance with the job specifications for all other onshore scopes, including transmission line design. Reviews/approve vendors timesheets and/or invoices and ensure compensation is made in a timely manner.
- Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of onshore project scope, budgets and schedules. Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow for the onshore transmission project.
- Manages execution of the onshore project plan and project change control management process.
- Participates in the required onshore regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
- Support the Technical Director and Development Director providing necessary input to execute the onshore stakeholder management activities.
- Support Grid Connection Manager as needed to provide technical details related to transmission queue studies and negotiation with ISO-NE.
- Plans the development of required energization plans and operating instructions in coordination with the Grid Connection Manager.
- Plans the scheduling of the long-term outage plan project submittals in coordination with the Grid Connection Manager.
- Manage EPC contracts to execute the onshore transmission once awarded.
- The role is expected to evolve once the EPC contracts are executed. The Onshore Transmission PM will manage a sub-team of 3-5 discipline engineers and QHSE representatives to support delivery of above consulting engineers and ultimately EPC contracts.
- Provide constructive feedback to other members of the Project team.
- Ensures that all aspects of the onshore transmission project are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Reporting to the Joint Venture Technical Director
- Accountable for hundreds of millions of contracts’ scope.
- 3-5 indirect reports within Joint Venture, with potential for future direct reporting
- Should expect domestic and international travel to meet and work with stakeholders as well as occasional visits to the corporate offices of the company (domestically and internationally). Will require significant (20%) domestic travel within the New England area.
- Strong personal leadership in HSSE and Quality
- Over 8 years of experience with proven track record of project management and delivery of onshore electrical projects (substations and power lines) including design, construction, and commissioning.)
- Experience in wind projects is a plus.
- Local knowledge of New England is a plus.
- Strong personal leadership in HSSE and Quality
- Prefer a recognized project management qualification/accreditation.
- Prefer a B. Sc degree or higher in electrical engineering or civil engineering.
- Project delivery experience leading scopes greater than 50 million USD.
- Work location is Boston, MA.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Silas Mahner at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (929) 295-6707 (Direct Line)