Our client is a mission-driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital to make a substantial return while creating a lasting difference in frontier markets.
Their Team’s role in West Africa is to identify barriers and overcome barriers preventing clean energy projects from reaching financial close.
To achieve this, they have developed specialized expertise to provide catalytic investment advisory services to governments and independent power producers.
They focus on the most innovative and complex deal structuring in some of the world’s most challenging markets.
Their pipeline often includes a country’s highest national priority energy projects, often in the form of public-private-partnerships, involving a spectrum of stakeholders.
They are looking for a project finance analyst to join their deal team in Ivory Coast. Additionally, the analyst will support all strategic initiatives and sector analysis. As a member of the team, you will actively contribute to a powerful intervention that has the potential for significant positive impact on investment into developing markets.
Team members come from diverse backgrounds, but share a number of qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
- Support to Team in financial modelling, drafting of investment memorandums, and capital raising support to energy projects in early and late-stage development
- Creating reporting templates and leading internal and external reporting requirements in regards to ongoing work and the Team’s transaction advisory pipeline
- Market assessment and analysis; including review of integrated resource plans and national renewable energy policies
- Maintenance of proprietary transaction tracker and research on sector investment trends
- Operational support to the team, by anticipating and addressing needs as they arise
- Proactively find opportunities to complete work to conserve the time of other team members
- French fluency
- Experience in and understanding of African markets (or other similar frontier markets)
- A critical thinker, current on global events, who is intellectually stimulated to work at the confluence of energy and power, geo-politics, economics, and the environment
- 2-3 years of experience working in top tier project finance, renewable energy project development, management consulting, or investment banking
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline, ability to think clearly and communicate effectively, solve problems, and voracious hunger to learn in complex situations
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Adit Mehta at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6340 1944
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1653437