|Posted:||4 days ago|
Next Wave Partners is looking for an EPC Cost Controller for a leading company in the photovoltaic field.
- 3-5 years of estimating and/or pre-construction support (Owner, EPC, Subcontractor)
- Field based self-perform solar construction experience (i.e. Project Engineer, QA/QC Inspector, Superintendent/Foreman)
- Experience interacting with development department
- Background in estimating, pre-construction, project management/engineering
- Experience interacting with outside consultants and equipment vendors
- Experience generating and processing purchase orders and invoices
- Experience in Cost Control during Construction
- Working knowledge and background understanding of basic PV solar engineering and plant design (i.e. Array Layout, Civil Layout, MV/DC wiring concepts, Structural Design, Project Sequencing)
- Working knowledge and background understanding of High Voltage interconnection infrastructure
- Working knowledge of MS excel
- Experience with pvDesign is desirable
- International Experience
- Understanding of project management and construction management concepts identified within PMP and other industry accepted organizations
- Understanding of general estimating approaches and variations required to support projects at differing points in the lifecycle
- Desire to continue developing and growing one's knowledge base and understanding of the solar industry via continued research and development of the individuals, teams, and departments knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, and/or Other applicable degrees (replaceable by requisite experience)
- Master's degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, or other applicable field of study (not required)
The role will focus on monitoring cost for solar projects from the early/mid/late stages of development to completion of Construction. This position has responsibilities supporting and working alongside Development, Business Development, Procurement, Construction, Engineering and Finance.
.- Main tasks
- Analyse documentation, such as layouts and other data, to prepare cost estimates
- Analyse historical data and current trends to improve processes and reduce costs
- Provide cost estimating support for the EPC and Short-Term O&M on Solar Projects and Interconnection Facilities for development and M&A project opportunities ranging from indicative/Budgetary to firm/Binding.
- Create/Maintain Cost Estimating Databases
- Communicate with Procurement team to ensure utilization of most recent and competitive major equipment pricing in estimating efforts
- Communicate with Engineering teams to ensure utilization of accurate technical specifications and design configuration in estimating efforts
- Recommend ways to reduce costs
- Maintain records of estimated costs
- Set up cost monitoring procedures and systems in order to streamline the process
- Cost control till Construction completion to maintain full control of the lifecycle of the project.
- Competitive salary package.
- Additional benefits including target bonus, health insurance, flexible remuneration and attractive holiday policy.
- To be part of a world leading company in the development and management of photovoltaic solar energy projects.
- A company with a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and a career plan to bring out the best in everyone.
- You will work in a multinational team and manage projects in various parts of the world.
- A company with an inclusive philosophy, where each person is valued and treated with respect.