|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Title: Appointed Person, Lifting Operations
Location: Taiwan or South Korea
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
- Part of the Construction Management Team, reporting to the Technical Manager and supporting Offshore Installation Manager, Project Manager Site Manager and Offshore Installation Operations Manager, with responsibilities for all aspects of offshore tagline operations and lifting activities during offshore construction management.
- Ensure the crane operators contractor conducts LMRAs - last minute risk assessments - just prior to critical operations and to ensure these are carried out with sufficient commitment and quality,
- Report status, opportunities, problems and suggest improvements to the Employers management team Onshore
- Coordinating offshore installation of turbines and Inter-turbine cables through the project PTW system and offshore access controls with the primary focus on Health and Safety.
- Reviewing and accepting all risk assessments / method statements (RAMS).
- Understanding of the offshore / onshore construction works for an offshore wind farm, adapting and modifying RAMS submissions to reflect the daily changing circumstances that occur during construction.
- Providing defined construction report, for inclusion in the monthly reports.
- Promptly identifying and notifying on any issue that may arise or have the potential during the works and assisting with resolving any issues.
- Plan, supervise and support day-to-day Lifting and Rigging activities / personnel in the safe and structured delivery of the work scope and processes, ensuring all applicable site / Project safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Ensure Lifting and Rigging personnel are qualified and possess the required skills - liaise with the Project Safety Representatives to ensure that all personnel have been adequately trained.
- Responsible to the Construction Manager for providing the assurance through technical audit that the management, control and execution of lifting operations are in compliance with the Statutory Regulations (ILO), the Clients Lifting Standards and procedures, and where applicable, the Corporate Lifting standards.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the site Lifting and Rigging Team to ensure all lifting operations are implemented safely and efficiently and in accordance with international standards and Project specific lifting standards.
- Responsible for the management of change process for lift plans, ensuring all changes to lift plans are formally documented, evaluated and where applicable endorsed by the appropriate technical authority(s).
- Review and endorse all lift plans developed by the site / Project rigging function and those of contractors and Specialist Sub-Contractors / Vendors.
- Liaise with Construction Engineers to identify Site Queries.
- Develop and submit Construction activity perimetry, lift plans, method statements and risk assessments in line with client gate criteria procedures / schedule.
- Bachelor degree of Mechanical Engineer of Civil Engineer
- 5 years experience working with lifting plans and tagline operations
- Background on crane certification and lifting appliance certification.
- Proven working experience with rigging and lifting operations (onshore and offshore)
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good supervisory, communication skills.
- Extensive experience and proven competence in the planning, risk assessment and safe implementation of lifting operations during Construction activities.
- Fully conversant with in BSEN technical standards, processes and procedures for assuring the technical Integrity of lifting equipment (e.g. thorough examination, certification and inspection requirements).
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)
Job has Expired