A leading global investment firm is developing a large offshore wind project in Asia and are looking to hire an experienced and technically astute Wind Turbine Package Manager to assist with the delivery of this project.
Role & Responsibilities
- Development Phase
- Interface seamlessly with the other Package Managers (Commercial and Technical) to ensure that the overall offshore wind development is successfully procured and delivered.
- Overall project management of their relevant package during the planning and development phase in lead up to construction.
- Providing technical input and recommendations on procurement strategy for the relevant package to identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for our projects;
- Manage and review technical design development for the relevant package in the lead up to construction and in support of achieving all required permits and approvals;
- Responsible for providing relevant technical and commercial input into tender documentation; assessment & evaluation of proposals; commercial, technical & contractual negotiations; and final contract award.
- Review and analysis of supply, install, construction costs and EPC / O&M prices
- Establishment and management of Health and Safety standards to offshore wind industry best practice, and oversee the effective implementation of health & safety plans on their relevant package;
- Establishment and management of Environmental standards to meet the environmental impact assessment and permitting requirements and achieve offshore wind industry best practice;
- Identification, development and management of support services that may be required during the lead up to construction
- Establish suitable and effective internal weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
- Develop meeting schedules and identify participants required on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving.
- Assist with input in the financial modelling of the offshore wind projects where required
- Prepare materials and participate in internal reporting and approvals process
- Construction Phase
- Overall project management during construction and forward planning of EPC Contractor activities for the relevant package.
- Programme management of the relevant EPC and O&M Contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
- Engage in engineering reviews for the relevant package and provide timely feedback on issues and resolutions.
- Oversee the relevant package contractor(s) during construction to ensure witness and inspection points are attended and relevant quality plan procedures are being implemented and reported on accurately.
- Provide oversight and recommendations on contract administration matters
- Manage time effectively between Office and Site to ensure that construction is being delivered “on time” and “on budget”
- Establish meeting schedules with relevant contractors, service providers and internal teams to oversee and control overall project delivery on a look forward basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving
- Establish suitable weekly and monthly reporting during this phase
- Oversee and manage work health and safety plan implementation to ensure standards are being met and accurately reported on
- Oversee and manage environmental plan implementation to ensure compliance with environmental impact assessment permits and requirements including meeting all reporting obligations
- Oversee and manage relevant handover procedures for each package ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating interface issues between contractors
- Oversee and provide relevant input during the commissioning process
- Troubleshooting and problem solving construction related issues as they arise
- Engage with the operations and maintenance contractors and service providers to ensure seamless and handover and minimisation of interface issues
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with an energy developer, utility, turbine provider or related field performing technical Package Manager roles for offshore wind projects
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Prior experience in Asia will be preferred
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Mike Feely on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1940
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1767587