The Wind Construction Director shall be responsible for planning construction projects and overseeing their progress in terms of time, cost, quality, safety etc.
The role shall be responsible for contracting strategy and resourcing, design for construction, budgeting, scheduling and implementation of the projects.
The role will form an important part of the regional wind function, with responsibility to oversee construction activities and provide support to wind asset construction across the portfolio.
- Oversee and direct project construction from conception to completion;
- Lead in attaining final technical permits, licenses and approvals for shovel ready projects;
- Lead detailed planning for effective project execution:
- Determine appropriate construction methodologies, contracting structure and assess cost-effectiveness of plans;
- Review engineering and architectural drawings, designs and construction management plans to ensure compliance with regulations and project specifications;
- Review project schedules and budget estimates.
- Monitor, review and control progress of project sites based on target timeline, quality, budget and safety standards:
- Review progress reports, analyze reported difficulties and recommend corrective measure on identified deficiencies;
- Ensure that company safety protocols and relevant government regulations are uniformly practiced across project sites;
- Track and control construction schedules and associated costs to meet target construction timelines and budget;
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Manage external partners/sub-contractors:
- Management of contract tendering and evaluation of proposals, contract technical specification preparation;
- Review and negotiate terms of agreements with third-party consultants, suppliers, subcontractors, etc.;
- Review contractor’s performance and ensure that the performance of contractual obligations is met;
- Review and recommend enhancements to project documentation (i.e. contracts management, licensing & permitting process, etc.) internal controls;
- Coordinate among project site teams for support and resource assessment;
- Provide support to the regional wind construction team:
- Gathering and reporting of project management statistics and policies;
- Assist in the development of systems and infrastructure for Construction and Project
- Management covering costs, schedule, quality, safety, reporting, and contract management; and
- As needed, may provide support in project management and plant commissioning to regional sites.
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering (Civil, Electrical) or related field
- At least 15 years of work experience in construction management
- Experience in renewable energy project construction
- Background in wind project construction
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process and contracting
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Fletcher Kim at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1934
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1877723