|Posted:||14 days ago|
Title: Senior Subsea Cable Engineer, Offshore Wind
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave are working with a leading offshore wind organisation who are growing their team in Taiwan. They are looking to hire an experienced Senior Subsea Cable Engineer to work on the development and delivery of a portfolio of projects they are developing.
- Collaborating with the Package Manager and the Electrical Department's line manager to execute tasks related to subsea cable engineering.
- Taking the lead in formulating the design and specifications for the Subsea Export and Inter-array cable network within the project.
- Ensuring the application of high safety standards at all stages of the engineering process.
- Providing support for survey and site investigation requirements concerning cable system design.
- Managing interfaces related to Subsea Export and Inter-array cable design and execution.
- Coordinating and leading contract negotiations with cable suppliers for cable supply agreements and service agreements.
- Developing the design basis to ensure the certification of the cable package.
- Establishing coherent plans and schedules for the delivery of the work.
- Managing and reviewing both internal and external engineering and design work.
- Working alongside the Package Manager and procurement team with commercial terms related to subsea cable design, surveys and complete works,
- Identifying and overseeing the interfaces with other packages, striving to secure an optimal balance between scope, risk, and cost.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Engineering
- Prior experience working on the end-to-end involvement in an offshore wind project
- Fluency English is essential due to both internal and external stakeholder relationship management duties
- Over 5 years of experience in the offshore wind sector
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!