|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Title: Senior Offshore Wind Engineer
Location: Tokyo, Japan
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
NextWave are working with a leading offshore wind developer who have a portfolio of projects in Japan. As the portfolio is now making progress, they are looking to hire a Senior Offshore Wind Engineer to join the team and work on the development and delivery of these projects.
- Develop and put into practice the necessary project procedures and tools to ensure the successful completion of the bid and the overall project.
- Lead the creation of a project plan, schedule, resource allocation plan, and budget to aid in the planning of company's activities at the local and central team levels.
- Act as a risk specialist for the portfolio, assisting package leaders in identifying and addressing potential risks from the bid phase through project development and construction.
- Identify and manage critical project interfaces within each package to guarantee a smooth project progression from the bid phase through project development and construction.
- Head the efforts to optimise the value of opportunities within the portfolio.
- Support the Project Director in producing portfolio reports by consolidating data from both the company and partner leaders for higher-level evaluation and communication.
- Assist in managing project decision-making activities by maintaining a record of project decisions and coordinating interactions with technical and commercial teams.
- Provide the Project Director with support throughout all project phases to ensure the integration of technical and commercial integrity in both the bid and subsequent project development.
- Oversee the project contractors and their performance targets to ensure a streamlined and predictable project execution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Master's Preferred)
- Previous experience managing working on an offshore wind project is desired
- Due to project interface responsibilities, fluency in Japanese is key
- 5+ years of experience with offshore engineering
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
EA Registration No: R1767587
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)
Job has Expired