NextWave Partners is representing a Solar and Storage developer based out of Asia who is expanding their US operations. This is a well-backed firm with an exciting future and solid reputation of developing successful projects.
They are looking for a Senior Development Engineer who will work with a team to qualify new solar and battery storage project opportunities, perform technical due diligence on project practicality, and respond to RFPs from utilities, municipalities and others for the procurement of renewable energy. Project work will be focused on preliminary design evaluation, coordinating closely with the Project Development team.
The daily activities will focus on:
- Creation of preliminary layouts and energy estimates
- Recommendation of primary project equipment (inverters, PV modules, batteries, etc.)
- Estimation of full EPC expenses to meet projects requirements
The successful candidate will have a depth of experience in the design, engineering and analysis of photovoltaic systems and battery storage systems, ranging in capacity from 50MW to 200MW. Experience in proposal generation and financial metrics for PV systems and Power Purchase Agreements is preferred.
Ideally the candidate will be based in CA but can work remotely. The position may include up to 25% travel to project locations and partner offices.
Business Development Support
- Technical and personal coordination with development pipeline
- Technical diligence for new project opportunities, assessing accuracy of third-party provided production estimates, site plans, product documentation and meteorological data
- Energy production modeling for projects in development (PVSYST)
- Battery dispatch modeling for projects in development
- Site evaluation (remote and in-person) for project suitability
- Project pricing and value engineering exercises
- Support for RFPs, Greenfield Development, and Acquisition conceptual design studies
- Development of technical deliverables for RFP responses and proposals, both by self-performing, and coordinating external consultants
Growth and Leadership
- Improve and develop processes for more accurate and efficient evaluation of projects
- Work with team on changing trends in project development
- Work on and expand vendor review and approval process
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent technical field
- 3+ years of experience in solar PV project development, analysis and construction
- 1+ years of experience in battery storage system development and design
- Proficiency with common PV system modeling tools and packages, such as PVSYST
- Proficiency with common CAD tools such as AutoCAD
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Silas Mahner at email@example.com or +1 (929) 295-6707 (Direct Line)